Sunday 31 July 2011

23 Things for Professional Development: Thing #8

This will be quite a short post, because I already use Google calendar. This is a result of my other half being annoyed that he couldn't see my calendar and what I was up to a year or so ago. Since then it's been pretty useful for sharing events and calendars with friends, but I haven't really used it in a work setting. I think the main reason for this is that we all use Outlook at work, so we tend to share our calendars that way when needed. I think using Google Calendar might just duplicate what we already do.

I can see potential benefit in using Google Calendar to promote relevant training events (for example, by embedding a widget of the calendar on the repository homepage). However, this information is currently shared in other ways (e.g. on a training page that also allows people to sign up for sessions), so I don't know how useful this would be. One to ponder about for a little I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment